General purpose area node for detection and 3D physics influence.
|bool||get_collision_layer_bit ( int bit ) const|
|bool||get_collision_mask_bit ( int bit ) const|
|Array||get_overlapping_areas ( ) const|
|Array||get_overlapping_bodies ( ) const|
|bool||overlaps_area ( Node area ) const|
|bool||overlaps_body ( Node body ) const|
|void||set_collision_layer_bit ( int bit, bool value )|
|void||set_collision_mask_bit ( int bit, bool value )|
- area_entered ( Object area )
Emitted when another area enters.
- area_exited ( Object area )
Emitted when another area exits.
Emitted when another area enters, reporting which areas overlapped.
Emitted when another area exits, reporting which areas were overlapping.
- body_entered ( Object body )
Emitted when a PhysicsBody object enters.
- body_exited ( Object body )
Emitted when a PhysicsBody2D object exits.
Emitted when a PhysicsBody2D object enters, reporting which shapes overlapped.
Emitted when a PhysicsBody2D object exits, reporting which shapes were overlapping.
- float angular_damp - The rate at which objects stop spinning in this area. Represents the angular velocity lost per second. Values range from
0(no damping) to
- String audio_bus_name - The name of the area’s audio bus.
- bool audio_bus_override - If
truethe area’s audio bus overrides the default audio bus. Default value:
- int collision_layer - The area’s physics layer(s). Collidable objects can exist in any of 32 different layers. A contact is detected if object A is in any of the layers that object B scans, or object B is in any layers that object A scans. See also
- int collision_mask - The physics layers this area scans to determine collision detection.
- float gravity - The area’s gravity intensity (ranges from -1024 to 1024). This value multiplies the gravity vector. This is useful to alter the force of gravity without altering its direction.
- float gravity_distance_scale - The falloff factor for point gravity. The greater the value, the faster gravity decreases with distance.
- bool gravity_point - If
truegravity is calculated from a point (set via
gravity_vec). Also see
space_override. Default value:
- Vector3 gravity_vec - The area’s gravity vector (not normalized). If gravity is a point (see is_gravity_a_point), this will be the point of attraction.
- float linear_damp - The rate at which objects stop moving in this area. Represents the linear velocity lost per second. Values range from
0(no damping) to
- bool monitorable - If
trueother monitoring areas can detect this area. Default value:
- bool monitoring - If
truethe area detects bodies or areas entering and exiting it. Default value:
- float priority - The area’s priority. Higher priority areas are processed first. Default value: 0.
- float reverb_bus_amount - The degree to which this area applies reverb to its associated audio. Ranges from
- bool reverb_bus_enable - If
truethe area applies reverb to its associated audio.
- String reverb_bus_name - The reverb bus name to use for this area’s associated audio.
- float reverb_bus_uniformity - The degree to which this area’s reverb is a uniform effect. Ranges from
- int space_override - Override mode for gravity and damping calculations within this area. See the SPACE_OVERRIDE_* constants for values.
- SPACE_OVERRIDE_DISABLED = 0 — This area does not affect gravity/damping.
- SPACE_OVERRIDE_COMBINE = 1 — This area adds its gravity/damping values to whatever has been calculated so far (in
- SPACE_OVERRIDE_COMBINE_REPLACE = 2 — This area adds its gravity/damping values to whatever has been calculated so far (in
priorityorder), ignoring any lower priority areas.
- SPACE_OVERRIDE_REPLACE = 3 — This area replaces any gravity/damping, even the defaults, ignoring any lower priority areas.
- SPACE_OVERRIDE_REPLACE_COMBINE = 4 — This area replaces any gravity/damping calculated so far (in
priorityorder), but keeps calculating the rest of the areas.
3D area that detects CollisionObject nodes overlapping, entering, or exiting. Can also alter or override local physics parameters (gravity, damping).
Member Function Description¶
Returns an individual bit on the layer mask.
Returns an individual bit on the collision mask.
- Array get_overlapping_areas ( ) const
Returns a list of intersecting
- Array get_overlapping_bodies ( ) const
Returns a list of intersecting PhysicsBodys.
true the given area overlaps the Area.
true the given body overlaps the Area.
Set/clear individual bits on the layer mask. This simplifies editing this ``Area[code]’s layers.
Set/clear individual bits on the collision mask. This simplifies editing which
Area layers this