Camera node, displays from a point of view.
|Vector2||frustum_offset||Vector2( 0, 0 )|
|void||clear_current ( bool enable_next=true )|
|RID||get_camera_rid ( ) const|
|Transform||get_camera_transform ( ) const|
|bool||get_cull_mask_bit ( int layer ) const|
|Array||get_frustum ( ) const|
|bool||is_position_behind ( Vector3 world_point ) const|
|void||make_current ( )|
|Vector3||project_local_ray_normal ( Vector2 screen_point ) const|
|Vector3||project_position ( Vector2 screen_point, float z_depth ) const|
|Vector3||project_ray_normal ( Vector2 screen_point ) const|
|Vector3||project_ray_origin ( Vector2 screen_point ) const|
|void||set_cull_mask_bit ( int layer, bool enable )|
|void||set_frustum ( float size, Vector2 offset, float z_near, float z_far )|
|void||set_orthogonal ( float size, float z_near, float z_far )|
|void||set_perspective ( float fov, float z_near, float z_far )|
|Vector2||unproject_position ( Vector3 world_point ) const|
- PROJECTION_PERSPECTIVE = 0 — Perspective projection. Objects on the screen becomes smaller when they are far away.
- PROJECTION_ORTHOGONAL = 1 — Orthogonal projection, also known as orthographic projection. Objects remain the same size on the screen no matter how far away they are.
- PROJECTION_FRUSTUM = 2 — Frustum projection. This mode allows adjusting frustum_offset to create “tilted frustum” effects.
- KEEP_WIDTH = 0 — Preserves the horizontal aspect ratio; also known as Vert- scaling. This is usually the best option for projects running in portrait mode, as taller aspect ratios will benefit from a wider vertical FOV.
- KEEP_HEIGHT = 1 — Preserves the vertical aspect ratio; also known as Hor+ scaling. This is usually the best option for projects running in landscape mode, as wider aspect ratios will automatically benefit from a wider horizontal FOV.
- DOPPLER_TRACKING_DISABLED = 0 — Disables Doppler effect simulation (default).
- DOPPLER_TRACKING_IDLE_STEP = 1 — Simulate Doppler effect by tracking positions of objects that are changed in
_process. Changes in the relative velocity of this camera compared to those objects affect how Audio is perceived (changing the Audio’s
- DOPPLER_TRACKING_PHYSICS_STEP = 2 — Simulate Doppler effect by tracking positions of objects that are changed in
_physics_process. Changes in the relative velocity of this camera compared to those objects affect how Audio is perceived (changing the Audio’s
Camera is a special node that displays what is visible from its current location. Cameras register themselves in the nearest Viewport node (when ascending the tree). Only one camera can be active per viewport. If no viewport is available ascending the tree, the camera will register in the global viewport. In other words, a camera just provides 3D display capabilities to a Viewport, and, without one, a scene registered in that Viewport (or higher viewports) can’t be displayed.
- int cull_mask
The culling mask that describes which 3D render layers are rendered by this camera.
- bool current
true, the ancestor Viewport is currently using this camera.
- DopplerTracking doppler_tracking
- Environment environment
The Environment to use for this camera.
- float far
The distance to the far culling boundary for this camera relative to its local Z axis.
- float fov
The camera’s field of view angle (in degrees). Only applicable in perspective mode. Since keep_aspect locks one axis,
fov sets the other axis’ field of view angle.
- Vector2 frustum_offset
|Default||Vector2( 0, 0 )|
The camera’s frustum offset. This can be changed from the default to create “tilted frustum” effects such as Y-shearing.
- float h_offset
The horizontal (X) offset of the camera viewport.
- KeepAspect keep_aspect
- float near
The distance to the near culling boundary for this camera relative to its local Z axis.
- Projection projection
The camera’s projection mode. In PROJECTION_PERSPECTIVE mode, objects’ Z distance from the camera’s local space scales their perceived size.
- float size
The camera’s size measured as 1/2 the width or height. Only applicable in orthogonal mode. Since keep_aspect locks on axis,
size sets the other axis’ size length.
- float v_offset
The vertical (Y) offset of the camera viewport.
- void clear_current ( bool enable_next=true )
If this is the current camera, remove it from being current. If
true, request to make the next camera current, if any.
- RID get_camera_rid ( ) const
Returns the camera’s RID from the VisualServer.
- Transform get_camera_transform ( ) const
true if the given
layer in the cull_mask is enabled,
- Array get_frustum ( ) const
true if the given position is behind the camera.
Note: A position which returns
false may still be outside the camera’s field of view.
- void make_current ( )
Makes this camera the current camera for the Viewport (see class description). If the camera node is outside the scene tree, it will attempt to become current once it’s added.
Returns a normal vector from the screen point location directed along the camera. Orthogonal cameras are normalized. Perspective cameras account for perspective, screen width/height, etc.
Returns the 3D point in worldspace that maps to the given 2D coordinate in the Viewport rectangle on a plane that is the given
z_depth distance into the scene away from the camera.
Returns a normal vector in worldspace, that is the result of projecting a point on the Viewport rectangle by the camera projection. This is useful for casting rays in the form of (origin, normal) for object intersection or picking.
Returns a 3D position in worldspace, that is the result of projecting a point on the Viewport rectangle by the camera projection. This is useful for casting rays in the form of (origin, normal) for object intersection or picking.
Enables or disables the given
layer in the cull_mask.
Sets the camera projection to frustum mode (see PROJECTION_FRUSTUM), by specifying a
offset, and the
z_far clip planes in world-space units.
Sets the camera projection to orthogonal mode (see PROJECTION_ORTHOGONAL), by specifying a
size, and the
z_far clip planes in world-space units. (As a hint, 2D games often use this projection, with values specified in pixels.)
Sets the camera projection to perspective mode (see PROJECTION_PERSPECTIVE), by specifying a
fov (field of view) angle in degrees, and the
z_far clip planes in world-space units.
Returns the 2D coordinate in the Viewport rectangle that maps to the given 3D point in worldspace.