A high-level network interface to simplify multiplayer interactions.
|ConnectionStatus||get_connection_status ( ) const|
|int||get_packet_peer ( ) const|
|int||get_unique_id ( ) const|
|void||poll ( )|
|void||set_target_peer ( int id )|
- connection_failed ( )
Emitted when a connection attempt fails.
- connection_succeeded ( )
Emitted when a connection attempt succeeds.
- peer_connected ( int id )
Emitted by the server when a client connects.
- peer_disconnected ( int id )
Emitted by the server when a client disconnects.
- server_disconnected ( )
Emitted by clients when the server disconnects.
- TARGET_PEER_BROADCAST = 0 — Packets are sent to the server and then redistributed to other peers.
- TARGET_PEER_SERVER = 1 — Packets are sent to the server alone.
- TRANSFER_MODE_UNRELIABLE = 0 — Packets are sent via unordered UDP packets.
- TRANSFER_MODE_UNRELIABLE_ORDERED = 1 — Packets are sent via ordered UDP packets.
- TRANSFER_MODE_RELIABLE = 2 — Packets are sent via TCP packets.
- CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED = 0 — The ongoing connection disconnected.
- CONNECTION_CONNECTING = 1 — A connection attempt is ongoing.
- CONNECTION_CONNECTED = 2 — The connection attempt succeeded.
Manages the connection to network peers. Assigns unique IDs to each client connected to the server.
Member Function Description¶
- ConnectionStatus get_connection_status ( ) const
Returns the current state of the connection. See ConnectionStatus.
- int get_packet_peer ( ) const
Returns the ID of the
NetworkedMultiplayerPeer who sent the most recent packet.
- int get_unique_id ( ) const
Returns the ID of this
- void poll ( )
Waits up to 1 second to receive a new network event.
- void set_target_peer ( int id )
Sets the peer to which packets will be sent.
id can be one of:
TARGET_PEER_BROADCAST to send to all connected peers,
TARGET_PEER_SERVER to send to the peer acting as server, a valid peer ID to send to that specific peer, a negative peer ID to send to all peers except that one. Default: