PacketPeer implementation using the ENet library.
|void||close_connection ( )|
|int||create_client ( String ip, int port, int in_bandwidth=0, int out_bandwidth=0 )|
|int||create_server ( int port, int max_clients=32, int in_bandwidth=0, int out_bandwidth=0 )|
|void||set_bind_ip ( String ip )|
- CompressionMode compression_mode - The compression method used for network packets. Default is no compression. These have different tradeoffs of compression speed versus bandwidth, you may need to test which one works best for your use case if you use compression at all.
- COMPRESS_NONE = 0 — No compression.
- COMPRESS_RANGE_CODER = 1 — ENet’s buildin range encoding.
- COMPRESS_FASTLZ = 2 — FastLZ compression.
- COMPRESS_ZLIB = 3 — zlib compression.
- COMPRESS_ZSTD = 4 — ZStandard compression.
A PacketPeer implementation that should be passed to SceneTree.set_network_peer after being initialized as either a client or server. Events can then be handled by connecting to SceneTree signals.
Member Function Description¶
- void close_connection ( )
Closes the connection. Ignored if no connection is currently established. If this is a server it tries to notify all clients before forcibly disconnecting them. If this is a client it simply closes the connection to the server.
Create client that connects to a server at address
ip using specified
port. The given IP needs to be in IPv4 or IPv6 address format, for example:
port is the port the server is listening on. The
out_bandwidth parameters can be used to limit the incoming and outgoing bandwidth to the given number of bytes per second. The default of 0 means unlimited bandwidth. Note that ENet will strategically drop packets on specific sides of a connection between peers to ensure the peer’s bandwidth is not overwhelmed. The bandwidth parameters also determine the window size of a connection which limits the amount of reliable packets that may be in transit at any given time.
Create server that listens to connections via
port. The port needs to be an available, unused port between 0 and 65535. Note that ports below 1024 are privileged and may require elevated permissions depending on the platform. To change the interface the server listens on, use set_bind_ip. The default IP is the wildcard
*, which listens on all available interfaces.
max_clients is the maximum number of clients that are allowed at once, any number up to 4096 may be used, although the achievable number of simultaneous clients may be far lower and depends on the application. For additional details on the bandwidth parameters, see create_client.
- void set_bind_ip ( String ip )
The IP used when creating a server. This is set to the wildcard
* by default, which binds to all available interfaces. The given IP needs to be in IPv4 or IPv6 address format, for example: