Real-time global illumination (GI) probe.
GIProbes are used to provide high-quality real-time indirect light to scenes. They precompute the effect of objects that emit light and the effect of static geometry to simulate the behavior of complex light in real-time.
GIProbes need to be baked before using, however, once baked, dynamic objects will receive light from them. Further, lights can be fully dynamic or baked.
GIProbes in a scene can be expensive, the quality of the probe can be turned down in exchange for better performance in the ProjectSettings using ProjectSettings.rendering/quality/gi_probes/quality.
- SUBDIV_64 = 0 --- Use 64 subdivisions. This is the lowest quality setting, but the fastest. Use it if you can, but especially use it on lower-end hardware.
- SUBDIV_128 = 1 --- Use 128 subdivisions. This is the default quality setting.
- SUBDIV_256 = 2 --- Use 256 subdivisions.
- SUBDIV_512 = 3 --- Use 512 subdivisions. This is the highest quality setting, but the slowest. On lower-end hardware this could cause the GPU to stall.
- SUBDIV_MAX = 4 --- Represents the size of the Subdiv enum.
- GIProbeData data
The GIProbeData resource that holds the data for this
- Vector3 extents
The size of the area covered by the
GIProbe. If you make the extents larger without increasing the subdivisions with subdiv, the size of each cell will increase and result in lower detailed lighting.
- Subdiv subdiv
Number of times to subdivide the grid that the
GIProbe operates on. A higher number results in finer detail and thus higher visual quality, while lower numbers result in better performance.
Bakes the effect from all GeometryInstances marked with GeometryInstance.use_in_baked_light and Lights marked with either Light.BAKE_INDIRECT or Light.BAKE_ALL. If
true, after baking the light, this will generate a MultiMesh that has a cube representing each solid cell with each cube colored to the cell's albedo color. This can be used to visualize the
GIProbe's data and debug any issues that may be occurring.
- void debug_bake ( )
Calls bake with