Inherited By: InputDefault
A Singleton that deals with inputs.
- MOUSE_MODE_VISIBLE = 0 — Makes the mouse cursor visible if it is hidden.
- MOUSE_MODE_HIDDEN = 1 — Makes the mouse cursor hidden if it is visible.
- MOUSE_MODE_CAPTURED = 2 — Captures the mouse. The mouse will be hidden and unable to leave the game window. But it will still register movement and mouse button presses.
A Singleton that deals with inputs. This includes key presses, mouse buttons and movement, joysticks, and input actions.
Member Function Description¶
- void action_press ( String action )
This will simulate pressing the specificed action.
- void action_release ( String action )
If the specified action is already pressed, this will release it.
Add a new mapping entry (in SDL2 format) to the mapping database. Optionally update already connected devices.
- Vector3 get_accelerometer ( )
If the device has an accelerometer, this will return the movement.
- Array get_connected_joysticks ( )
Returns an Array containing the device IDs of all currently connected joysticks.
- Vector3 get_gravity ( )
- Vector3 get_gyroscope ( )
If the device has a gyroscope, this will return the rate of rotation in rad/s around a device’s x, y, and z axis.
Returns the current value of the joystick axis at given index (see JOY_* constants in @Global Scope)
Returns a SDL2 compatible device guid on platforms that use gamepad remapping. Returns “Default Gamepad” otherwise.
Returns the name of the joystick at the specified device index
Returns the duration of the current vibration effect in seconds.
Returns the strength of the joystick vibration: x is the strength of the weak motor, and y is the strength of the strong motor.
- Vector3 get_magnetometer ( )
If the device has a magnetometer, this will return the magnetic field strength in micro-Tesla for all axes.
Returns mouse buttons as a bitmask. If multiple mouse buttons are pressed at the same time the bits are added together.
- int get_mouse_mode ( ) const
Return the mouse mode. See the constants for more information.
- Vector2 get_mouse_speed ( ) const
Returns the mouse speed for the last time the cursor was moved, and this until the next frame where the mouse moves. This means that even if the mouse is not moving, this function will still return the value of the last motion.
Returns true or false depending on whether the action event is pressed. Actions and their events can be set in the Project Settings / Input Map tab. Or be set with InputMap.
Returns if the joystick button at the given index is currently pressed. (see JOY_* constants in @Global Scope)
Returns if the specified device is known by the system. This means that it sets all button and axis indices exactly as defined in the JOY_* constants (see @Global Scope). Unknown joysticks are not expected to match these constants, but you can still retrieve events from them.
Returns true or false depending on whether the key is pressed or not. You can pass KEY_*, which are pre-defined constants listed in @Global Scope.
Returns true or false depending on whether mouse button is pressed or not. You can pass BUTTON_*, which are pre-defined constants listed in @Global Scope.
- void parse_input_event ( InputEvent event )
- void remove_joy_mapping ( String guid )
Removes all mappings from the internal db that match the given uid.
Set a custom mouse cursor image, which is only visible inside the game window. The hotspot can also be specified.
- void set_mouse_mode ( int mode )
Set the mouse mode. See the constants for more information.
- void start_joy_vibration ( int device, float weak_magnitude, float strong_magnitude, float duration=0 )
Starts to vibrate the joystick. Joysticks usually come with two rumble motors, a strong and a weak one. weak_magnitude is the strength of the weak motor (between 0 and 1) and strong_magnitude is the strength of the strong motor (between 0 and 1). duration is the duration of the effect in seconds (a duration of 0 will try to play the vibration indefinitely).
Note that not every hardware is compatible with long effect durations, it is recommended to restart an effect if in need to play it for more than a few seconds.
- void stop_joy_vibration ( int device )
Stops the vibration of the joystick.
- void warp_mouse_pos ( Vector2 to )
Sets the mouse position to the specified vector.