An abstraction of a serialized scene.
|bool||can_instance ( ) const|
|SceneState||get_state ( )|
|Node||instance ( int edit_state=0 ) const|
|int||pack ( Node path )|
- Dictionary _bundled - A dictionary representation of the scene contents.
Available keys include “rnames” and “variants” for resources, “node_count”, “nodes”, “node_paths” for nodes, “editable_instances” for base scene children overrides, “conn_count” and “conns” for signal connections, and “version” for the format style of the PackedScene.
- GEN_EDIT_STATE_DISABLED = 0 — If passed to instance, blocks edits to the scene state.
- GEN_EDIT_STATE_INSTANCE = 1 — If passed to instance, provides local scene resources to the local scene. Requires tools compiled.
- GEN_EDIT_STATE_MAIN = 2 — If passed to instance, provides local scene resources to the local scene. Only the main scene should receive the main edit state. Requires tools compiled.
A simplified interface to a scene file. Provides access to operations and checks that can be performed on the scene resource itself.
TODO: explain ownership, and that node does not need to own itself
Member Function Description¶
- bool can_instance ( ) const
true if the scene file has nodes.
- SceneState get_state ( )
SceneState representing the scene file contents.
Instantiates the scene’s node hierarchy. Triggers child scene instantiation(s). Triggers the enum Object.NOTIFICATION_INSTANCED notification on the root node.
Pack will ignore any sub-nodes not owned by given node. See Node.set_owner.