Inherited By: InputDefault
A Singleton that deals with inputs.
Emitted when a joypad device has been connected or disconnected.
- MOUSE_MODE_VISIBLE = 0 --- Makes the mouse cursor visible if it is hidden.
- MOUSE_MODE_HIDDEN = 1 --- Makes the mouse cursor hidden if it is visible.
- MOUSE_MODE_CAPTURED = 2 --- Captures the mouse. The mouse will be hidden and unable to leave the game window. But it will still register movement and mouse button presses.
- MOUSE_MODE_CONFINED = 3 --- Makes the mouse cursor visible but confines it to the game window.
- CURSOR_ARROW = 0 --- Arrow cursor. Standard, default pointing cursor.
- CURSOR_IBEAM = 1 --- I-beam cursor. Usually used to show where the text cursor will appear when the mouse is clicked.
- CURSOR_POINTING_HAND = 2 --- Pointing hand cursor. Usually used to indicate the pointer is over a link or other interactable item.
- CURSOR_CROSS = 3 --- Cross cursor. Typically appears over regions in which a drawing operation can be performed or for selections.
- CURSOR_WAIT = 4 --- Wait cursor. Indicates that the application is busy performing an operation.
- CURSOR_BUSY = 5 --- Busy cursor. See
- CURSOR_DRAG = 6 --- Drag cursor. Usually displayed when dragging something.
- CURSOR_CAN_DROP = 7 --- Can drop cursor. Usually displayed when dragging something to indicate that it can be dropped at the current position.
- CURSOR_FORBIDDEN = 8 --- Forbidden cursor. Indicates that the current action is forbidden (for example, when dragging something) or that the control at a position is disabled.
- CURSOR_VSIZE = 9 --- Vertical resize mouse cursor. A double headed vertical arrow. It tells the user they can resize the window or the panel vertically.
- CURSOR_HSIZE = 10 --- Horizontal resize mouse cursor. A double headed horizontal arrow. It tells the user they can resize the window or the panel horizontally.
- CURSOR_BDIAGSIZE = 11 --- Window resize mouse cursor. The cursor is a double headed arrow that goes from the bottom left to the top right. It tells the user they can resize the window or the panel both horizontally and vertically.
- CURSOR_FDIAGSIZE = 12 --- Window resize mouse cursor. The cursor is a double headed arrow that goes from the top left to the bottom right, the opposite of
CURSOR_BDIAGSIZE. It tells the user they can resize the window or the panel both horizontally and vertically.
- CURSOR_MOVE = 13 --- Move cursor. Indicates that something can be moved.
- CURSOR_VSPLIT = 14 --- Vertical split mouse cursor. On Windows, it's the same as
- CURSOR_HSPLIT = 15 --- Horizontal split mouse cursor. On Windows, it's the same as
- CURSOR_HELP = 16 --- Help cursor. Usually a question mark.
A Singleton that deals with inputs. This includes key presses, mouse buttons and movement, joypads, and input actions. Actions and their events can be set in the Project Settings / Input Map tab. Or be set with InputMap.
This will simulate pressing the specified action.
The strength can be used for non-boolean actions, it's ranged between 0 and 1 representing the intensity of the given action.
- void action_release ( String action )
If the specified action is already pressed, this will release it.
Add a new mapping entry (in SDL2 format) to the mapping database. Optionally update already connected devices.
- Vector3 get_accelerometer ( ) const
If the device has an accelerometer, this will return the acceleration. Otherwise, it returns an empty Vector3.
Note this method returns an empty Vector3 when running from the editor even when your device has an accelerometer. You must export your project to a supported device to read values from the accelerometer.
Returns a value between 0 and 1 representing the intensity of the given action. In a joypad, for example, the further away the axis (analog sticks or L2, R2 triggers) is from the dead zone, the closer the value will be to 1. If the action is mapped to a control that has no axis as the keyboard, the value returned will be 0 or 1.
- Array get_connected_joypads ( )
Returns an Array containing the device IDs of all currently connected joypads.
- CursorShape get_current_cursor_shape ( ) const
- Vector3 get_gravity ( ) const
If the device has an accelerometer, this will return the gravity. Otherwise, it returns an empty Vector3.
- Vector3 get_gyroscope ( ) const
If the device has a gyroscope, this will return the rate of rotation in rad/s around a device's x, y, and z axis. Otherwise, it returns an empty Vector3.
Returns the current value of the joypad axis at given index (see JoystickList).
Returns the index of the provided axis name.
Receives a JoystickList axis and returns its equivalent name as a string.
Returns the index of the provided button name.
Receives a joy button from JoystickList and returns its equivalent name as a string.
Returns a SDL2 compatible device guid on platforms that use gamepad remapping. Returns "Default Gamepad" otherwise.
Returns the name of the joypad at the specified device index
Returns the duration of the current vibration effect in seconds.
Returns the strength of the joypad vibration: x is the strength of the weak motor, and y is the strength of the strong motor.
- Vector2 get_last_mouse_speed ( ) const
Returns the mouse speed for the last time the cursor was moved, and this until the next frame where the mouse moves. This means that even if the mouse is not moving, this function will still return the value of the last motion.
- Vector3 get_magnetometer ( ) const
If the device has a magnetometer, this will return the magnetic field strength in micro-Tesla for all axes.
Returns mouse buttons as a bitmask. If multiple mouse buttons are pressed at the same time the bits are added together.
- MouseMode get_mouse_mode ( ) const
Returns the mouse mode. See the constants for more information.
true when the user starts pressing the action event, meaning it's
true only on the frame that the user pressed down the button.
This is useful for code that needs to run only once when an action is pressed, instead of every frame while it's pressed.
true when the user stops pressing the action event, meaning it's
true only on the frame that the user released the button.
true if you are pressing the action event.
true if you are pressing the joypad button (see JoystickList).
true if the system knows the specified device. This means that it sets all button and axis indices exactly as defined in JoystickList. Unknown joypads are not expected to match these constants, but you can still retrieve events from them.
true if you are pressing the key. You can pass a KeyList constant.
true if you are pressing the mouse button specified with ButtonList.
- void parse_input_event ( InputEvent event )
Feeds an InputEvent to the game. Can be used to artificially trigger input events from code.
- void remove_joy_mapping ( String guid )
Removes all mappings from the internal db that match the given uid.
- void set_custom_mouse_cursor ( Resource image, CursorShape shape=0, Vector2 hotspot=Vector2( 0, 0 ) )
Sets a custom mouse cursor image, which is only visible inside the game window. The hotspot can also be specified. Passing
null to the image parameter resets to the system cursor. See enum
CURSOR_* for the list of shapes.
image's size must be lower than 256x256.
hotspot must be within
- void set_default_cursor_shape ( CursorShape shape=0 )
Sets the default cursor shape to be used in the viewport instead of
- void set_mouse_mode ( MouseMode mode )
Set the mouse mode. See the constants for more information.
- void set_use_accumulated_input ( bool enable )
Whether to accumulate similar input events sent by the operating system. Defaults to
- void start_joy_vibration ( int device, float weak_magnitude, float strong_magnitude, float duration=0 )
Starts to vibrate the joypad. Joypads usually come with two rumble motors, a strong and a weak one. weak_magnitude is the strength of the weak motor (between 0 and 1) and strong_magnitude is the strength of the strong motor (between 0 and 1). duration is the duration of the effect in seconds (a duration of 0 will try to play the vibration indefinitely).
Note that not every hardware is compatible with long effect durations, it is recommended to restart an effect if in need to play it for more than a few seconds.
- void stop_joy_vibration ( int device )
Stops the vibration of the joypad.
- void warp_mouse_position ( Vector2 to )
Sets the mouse position to the specified vector.