|int||add_animation ( String name, Animation animation )|
|void||advance ( float delta )|
|String||animation_get_next ( String anim_from ) const|
|void||animation_set_next ( String anim_from, String anim_to )|
|void||clear_caches ( )|
|void||clear_queue ( )|
|String||find_animation ( Animation animation ) const|
|Animation||get_animation ( String name ) const|
|PoolStringArray||get_animation_list ( ) const|
|float||get_blend_time ( String anim_from, String anim_to ) const|
|bool||has_animation ( String name ) const|
|bool||is_playing ( ) const|
|void||play ( String name=””, float custom_blend=-1, float custom_speed=1.0, bool from_end=false )|
|void||play_backwards ( String name=””, float custom_blend=-1 )|
|void||queue ( String name )|
|void||remove_animation ( String name )|
|void||rename_animation ( String name, String newname )|
|void||seek ( float seconds, bool update=false )|
|void||set_blend_time ( String anim_from, String anim_to, float sec )|
|void||stop ( bool reset=true )|
If the currently being played animation changes, this signal will notify of such change.
- animation_finished ( String anim_name )
Notifies when an animation finished playing.
- animation_started ( String anim_name )
Notifies when an animation starts playing.
- String assigned_animation - If playing, the current animation; otherwise, the animation last played. When set, would change the animation, but would not play it unless currently playing. See also current_animation.
- String autoplay - The name of the animation to play when the scene loads. Default value:
- String current_animation - The name of the current animation, “” if not playing anything. When being set, does not restart the animation. See also play. Default value:
- float current_animation_length - The length (in seconds) of the currently being played animation.
- float current_animation_position - The position (in seconds) of the currently playing animation.
- bool playback_active - If
true, updates animations in response to process-related notifications. Default value:
- float playback_default_blend_time - The default time in which to blend animations. Ranges from 0 to 4096 with 0.01 precision. Default value:
- AnimationProcessMode playback_process_mode - The process notification in which to update animations. Default value: enum ANIMATION_PROCESS_IDLE.
- float playback_speed - The speed scaling ratio. For instance, if this value is 1 then the animation plays at normal speed. If it’s 0.5 then it plays at half speed. If it’s 2 then it plays at double speed. Default value:
- NodePath root_node - The node from which node path references will travel. Default value:
- ANIMATION_PROCESS_PHYSICS = 0 — Process animation during the physics process. This is especially useful when animating physics bodies.
- ANIMATION_PROCESS_IDLE = 1 — Process animation during the idle process.
An animation player is used for general purpose playback of Animation resources. It contains a dictionary of animations (referenced by name) and custom blend times between their transitions. Additionally, animations can be played and blended in different channels.
Member Function Description¶
animation to the player accessible with the key
- void advance ( float delta )
Shifts position in the animation timeline. Delta is the time in seconds to shift.
Returns the name of the next animation in the queue.
anim_to animation when the
anim_from animation completes.
- void clear_caches ( )
AnimationPlayer caches animated nodes. It may not notice if a node disappears, so clear_caches forces it to update the cache again.
- void clear_queue ( )
Clears all queued, unplayed animations.
Returns the name of
animation or empty string if not found.
Returns the Animation with key
null if not found.
- PoolStringArray get_animation_list ( ) const
Returns the list of stored animation names.
Get the blend time (in seconds) between two animations, referenced by their names.
true if the
AnimationPlayer stores an Animation with key
- bool is_playing ( ) const
true if playing an animation.
Play the animation with key
name. Custom speed and blend times can be set. If custom speed is negative (-1), ‘from_end’ being true can play the
Play the animation with key
name in reverse.
- void queue ( String name )
Queue an animation for playback once the current one is done.
- void remove_animation ( String name )
Remove the animation with key
Rename an existing animation with key
Seek the animation to the
seconds point in time (in seconds). If
true, the animation updates too, otherwise it updates at process time.
Specify a blend time (in seconds) between two animations, referenced by their names.
- void stop ( bool reset=true )
Stop the currently playing animation. If
true, the anim position is reset to