Adds a Distortion audio effect to an Audio bus.
Modify the sound to make it dirty.
- float drive - Distortion power. Value can range from 0 to 1. Default value:
- float keep_hf_hz - High-pass filter. Frequencies higher than this value will not be affected by the distortion. Value can range from 1 to 20000. Default value:
- int mode - Distortion type. Default value:
- float post_gain - Increases or decreases the volume after the effect. Value can range from -80 to 24. Default value:
- float pre_gain - Increases or decreases the volume before the effect. Value can range from -60 to 60. Default value:
- MODE_CLIP = 0 — Digital distortion effect which cuts off peaks at the top and bottom of the waveform.
- MODE_ATAN = 1
- MODE_LOFI = 2 — Low-resolution digital distortion effect. You can use it to emulate the sound of early digital audio devices.
- MODE_OVERDRIVE = 3 — Emulates the warm distortion produced by a field effect transistor, which is commonly used in solid-state musical instrument amplifiers.
- MODE_WAVESHAPE = 4 — Waveshaper distortions are used mainly by electronic musicians to achieve an extra-abrasive sound.
Modify the sound and make it dirty. Different types are available : clip, tan, lofi (bit crushing), overdrive, or waveshape.
By distorting the waveform the frequency content change, which will often make the sound “crunchy” or “abrasive”. For games, it can simulate sound coming from some saturated device or speaker very efficiently.