KDevelop is a free, open source IDE for all desktop platforms.
Importing the project¶
- From the KDevelop’s main screen select Open Project.
- Navigate to the Godot root folder and select it.
- On the next screen, choose Custom Build System for the Project Manager.
- After the project has been imported, open the project configuration by right-clicking on it in the Projects panel and selecting Open Configuration.. option.
Under Language Support open the Includes/Imports tab and add the following paths:
. // A dot, to indicate the root of the Godot project core/ core/os/ core/math/ drivers/ platform/<your_platform>/ // Replace <your_platform> with a folder corresponding to your current platform
Apply the changes.
Under Custom Build System add a new build configuration with the following settings:
Build Directory blank Enable True Executable scons Arguments See Introduction to the buildsystem for a full list of arguments.
- Apply the changes and close the configuration window.
Debugging the project¶
- Select Run > Configure Launches… from the top menu.
- Click Add to create a new launch configuration.
- Select Executable option and specify the path to your executable located in
<Godot root directory>/binfolder. The name depends on your build configuration, e.g.
godot.x11.tools.64for 64-bit X11 platform with
If you run into any issues, ask for help in one of Godot’s community channels.