Camera node, displays from a point of view.
|void||clear_current ( )|
|Transform||get_camera_transform ( ) const|
|bool||is_position_behind ( Vector3 world_point ) const|
|void||make_current ( )|
|Vector3||project_local_ray_normal ( Vector2 screen_point ) const|
|Vector3||project_position ( Vector2 screen_point ) const|
|Vector3||project_ray_normal ( Vector2 screen_point ) const|
|Vector3||project_ray_origin ( Vector2 screen_point ) const|
|void||set_orthogonal ( float size, float z_near, float z_far )|
|void||set_perspective ( float fov, float z_near, float z_far )|
|Vector2||unproject_position ( Vector3 world_point ) const|
- int cull_mask - The culling mask that describes which 3D render layers are rendered by this camera.
- bool current - If
truethe ancestor Viewport is currently using this Camera. Default value:
- DopplerTracking doppler_tracking - If not
DOPPLER_TRACKING_DISABLEDthis Camera will simulate the Doppler effect for objects changed in particular
_processmethods. Default value:
- Environment environment - The Environment to use for this Camera.
- float far - The distance to the far culling boundary for this Camera relative to its local z-axis.
- float fov - The camera’s field of view angle (in degrees). Only applicable in perspective mode. Since keep_aspect locks one axis,
fovsets the other axis’ field of view angle.
- float h_offset - The horizontal (X) offset of the Camera viewport.
- KeepAspect keep_aspect - The axis to lock during fov/size adjustments. Can be either
- float near - The distance to the near culling boundary for this Camera relative to its local z-axis.
- Projection projection - The camera’s projection mode. In
PROJECTION_PERSPECTIVEmode, objects’ z-distance from the camera’s local space scales their perceived size.
- float size - The camera’s size measured as 1/2 the width or height. Only applicable in orthogonal mode. Since keep_aspect locks on axis,
sizesets the other axis’ size length.
- float v_offset - The vertical (Y) offset of the Camera viewport.
- DOPPLER_TRACKING_DISABLED = 0 — Disable Doppler effect simulation (default).
- DOPPLER_TRACKING_IDLE_STEP = 1 — Simulate Doppler effect by tracking positions of objects that are changed in
_process. Changes in the relative velocity of this Camera compared to those objects affect how Audio is perceived (changing the Audio’s
- DOPPLER_TRACKING_PHYSICS_STEP = 2 — Simulate Doppler effect by tracking positions of objects that are changed in
_physics_process. Changes in the relative velocity of this Camera compared to those objects affect how Audio is perceived (changing the Audio’s
- PROJECTION_PERSPECTIVE = 0 — Perspective Projection (object’s size on the screen becomes smaller when far away).
- PROJECTION_ORTHOGONAL = 1 — Orthogonal Projection (objects remain the same size on the screen no matter how far away they are).
- KEEP_WIDTH = 0 — Preserves the horizontal aspect ratio.
- KEEP_HEIGHT = 1 — Preserves the vertical aspect ratio.
Camera is a special node that displays what is visible from its current location. Cameras register themselves in the nearest Viewport node (when ascending the tree). Only one camera can be active per viewport. If no viewport is available ascending the tree, the Camera will register in the global viewport. In other words, a Camera just provides 3D display capabilities to a Viewport, and, without one, a scene registered in that Viewport (or higher viewports) can’t be displayed.
Member Function Description¶
- void clear_current ( )
If this is the current Camera, remove it from being current. If it is inside the node tree, request to make the next Camera current, if any.
- Transform get_camera_transform ( ) const
Gets the camera transform. Subclassed cameras (such as CharacterCamera) may provide different transforms than the Node transform.
true if the given position is behind the Camera. Note that a position which returns
false may still be outside the Camera’s field of view.
- void make_current ( )
Makes this camera the current Camera for the Viewport (see class description). If the Camera Node is outside the scene tree, it will attempt to become current once it’s added.
Returns a normal vector from the screen point location directed along the camera. Orthogonal cameras are normalized. Perspective cameras account for perspective, screen width/height, etc.
Returns the 3D point in worldspace that maps to the given 2D coordinate in the Viewport rectangle.
Returns a normal vector in worldspace, that is the result of projecting a point on the Viewport rectangle by the camera projection. This is useful for casting rays in the form of (origin, normal) for object intersection or picking.
Returns a 3D position in worldspace, that is the result of projecting a point on the Viewport rectangle by the camera projection. This is useful for casting rays in the form of (origin, normal) for object intersection or picking.
Sets the camera projection to orthogonal mode, by specifying a width and the near and far clip planes in worldspace units. (As a hint, 2D games often use this projection, with values specified in pixels)
Sets the camera projection to perspective mode, by specifying a FOV Y angle in degrees (FOV means Field of View), and the near and far clip planes in worldspace units.
Returns the 2D coordinate in the Viewport rectangle that maps to the given 3D point in worldspace.