Access to basic engine properties.
|int||get_frames_drawn ( )|
|float||get_frames_per_second ( ) const|
|MainLoop||get_main_loop ( ) const|
|Object||get_singleton ( String name ) const|
|Dictionary||get_version_info ( ) const|
|bool||has_singleton ( String name ) const|
|bool||is_in_physics_frame ( ) const|
- bool editor_hint - If
true, it is running inside the editor. Useful for tool scripts.
- int iterations_per_second - The number of fixed iterations per second (for fixed process and physics).
- int target_fps - The desired frames per second. If the hardware cannot keep up, this setting may not be respected. Defaults to 0, which indicates no limit.
- float time_scale - Controls how fast or slow the in-game clock ticks versus the real life one. It defaults to 1.0. A value of 2.0 means the game moves twice as fast as real life, whilst a value of 0.5 means the game moves at half the regular speed.
Engine class allows you to query and modify the game’s run-time parameters, such as frames per second, time scale, and others.
Member Function Description¶
- int get_frames_drawn ( )
Returns the total number of frames drawn.
- float get_frames_per_second ( ) const
Returns the frames per second of the running game.
- MainLoop get_main_loop ( ) const
- Dictionary get_version_info ( ) const
Returns the current engine version information in a Dictionary.
“major” - Holds the major version number as an int
“minor” - Holds the minor version number as an int
“patch” - Holds the patch version number as an int
“status” - Holds the status (e.g. “beta”, “rc1”, “rc2”, … “stable”) as a String
“build” - Holds the build name (e.g. “custom-build”) as a String
“string” - major + minor + patch + status + build in a single String
- bool is_in_physics_frame ( ) const
true if the game is inside the fixed process and physics phase of the game loop.