Godot editor's interface.
EditorInterface gives you control over Godot editor's window. It allows customizing the window, saving and (re-)loading scenes, rendering mesh previews, inspecting and editing resources and objects, and provides access to EditorSettings, EditorFileSystem, EditorResourcePreview, ScriptEditor, the editor viewport, and information about scenes.
Note: This class shouldn't be instantiated directly. Instead, access the singleton using EditorPlugin.get_editor_interface.
- bool distraction_free_mode
true, enables distraction-free mode which hides side docks to increase the space available for the main view.
- void edit_resource ( Resource resource )
Edits the given Resource.
- Control get_base_control ( )
Returns the main container of Godot editor's window. For example, you can use it to retrieve the size of the container and place your controls accordingly.
- String get_current_path ( ) const
Returns the current path being viewed in the FileSystemDock.
- Node get_edited_scene_root ( )
Returns the edited (current) scene's root Node.
- EditorSettings get_editor_settings ( )
Returns the editor's EditorSettings instance.
- Control get_editor_viewport ( )
Returns the main editor control. Use this as a parent for main screens.
Note: This returns the main editor control containing the whole editor, not the 2D or 3D viewports specifically.
- FileSystemDock get_file_system_dock ( )
Returns the editor's FileSystemDock instance.
- EditorInspector get_inspector ( ) const
Returns the editor's EditorInspector instance.
- Array get_open_scenes ( ) const
Returns an Array with the file paths of the currently opened scenes.
- String get_playing_scene ( ) const
Returns the name of the scene that is being played. If no scene is currently being played, returns an empty string.
- EditorFileSystem get_resource_filesystem ( )
Returns the editor's EditorFileSystem instance.
- EditorResourcePreview get_resource_previewer ( )
Returns the editor's EditorResourcePreview instance.
- ScriptEditor get_script_editor ( )
Returns the editor's ScriptEditor instance.
- String get_selected_path ( ) const
- EditorSelection get_selection ( )
Returns the editor's EditorSelection instance.
Shows the given property on the given
object in the editor's Inspector dock. If
true, plugins will not attempt to edit
- bool is_playing_scene ( ) const
true if a scene is currently being played,
false otherwise. Paused scenes are considered as being played.
true if the specified
plugin is enabled. The plugin name is the same as its directory name.
- void open_scene_from_path ( String scene_filepath )
Opens the scene at the given path.
- void play_current_scene ( )
Plays the currently active scene.
- void play_custom_scene ( String scene_filepath )
Plays the scene specified by its filepath.
- void play_main_scene ( )
Plays the main scene.
- void reload_scene_from_path ( String scene_filepath )
Reloads the scene at the given path.
- Error save_scene ( )
Saves the scene. Returns either
ERR_CANT_CREATE (see @GlobalScope constants).
Saves the scene as a file at
- void select_file ( String file )
Selects the file, with the path provided by
file, in the FileSystem dock.
- void set_main_screen_editor ( String name )
Sets the editor's current main screen to the one specified in
name must match the text of the tab in question exactly (
Sets the enabled status of a plugin. The plugin name is the same as its directory name.
- void stop_playing_scene ( )
Stops the scene that is currently playing.