Contains data used to animate everything in the engine.
- tracks_changed ( )
- TYPE_VALUE = 0 — Value tracks set values in node properties, but only those which can be Interpolated.
- TYPE_TRANSFORM = 1 — Transform tracks are used to change node local transforms or skeleton pose bones. Transitions are interpolated.
- TYPE_METHOD = 2 — Method tracks call functions with given arguments per key.
- TYPE_BEZIER = 3
- TYPE_AUDIO = 4
- TYPE_ANIMATION = 5
- INTERPOLATION_NEAREST = 0 — No interpolation (nearest value).
- INTERPOLATION_LINEAR = 1 — Linear interpolation.
- INTERPOLATION_CUBIC = 2 — Cubic interpolation.
- UPDATE_CONTINUOUS = 0 — Update between keyframes.
- UPDATE_DISCRETE = 1 — Update at the keyframes and hold the value.
- UPDATE_TRIGGER = 2 — Update at the keyframes.
- UPDATE_CAPTURE = 3
An Animation resource contains data used to animate everything in the engine. Animations are divided into tracks, and each track must be linked to a node. The state of that node can be changed through time, by adding timed keys (events) to the track.
# This creates an animation that makes the node "Enemy" move to the right by # 100 pixels in 1 second. var animation = Animation.new() var track_index = animation.add_track(Animation.TYPE_VALUE) animation.track_set_path(track_index, "Enemy:position.x") animation.track_insert_key(track_index, 0.0, 0) animation.track_insert_key(track_index, 0.5, 100)
- float length
The total length of the animation (in seconds).
Note: Length is not delimited by the last key, as this one may be before or after the end to ensure correct interpolation and looping.
- bool loop
A flag indicating that the animation must loop. This is uses for correct interpolation of animation cycles, and for hinting the player that it must restart the animation.
- float step
The animation step value.
Adds a track to the Animation.
- int audio_track_insert_key ( int track_idx, float time, Resource stream, float start_offset=0, float end_offset=0 )
- int bezier_track_insert_key ( int track_idx, float time, float value, Vector2 in_handle=Vector2( 0, 0 ), Vector2 out_handle=Vector2( 0, 0 ) )
- void clear ( )
Clear the animation (clear all tracks and reset all).
Adds a new track that is a copy of the given track from
Returns the index of the specified track. If the track is not found, return -1.
- int get_track_count ( ) const
Returns the amount of tracks in the animation.
Returns all the key indices of a method track, given a position and delta time.
Returns the method name of a method track.
Returns the arguments values to be called on a method track for a given key in a given track.
- void remove_track ( int track_idx )
Removes a track by specifying the track index.
Finds the key index by time in a given track. Optionally, only find it if the exact time is given.
true if the track at
idx wraps the interpolation loop. New tracks wrap the interpolation loop by default.
Returns the interpolation type of a given track.
Returns the amount of keys in a given track.
Returns the time at which the key is located.
Returns the transition curve (easing) for a specific key (see the built-in math function @GDScript.ease).
Returns the value of a given key in a given track.
Gets the path of a track. For more information on the path format, see track_set_path.
Gets the type of a track.
Insert a generic key in a given track.
true if the track at index
idx is enabled.
true if the given track is imported. Else, return
- void track_move_down ( int track_idx )
Moves a track down.
Changes the index position of track
idx to the one defined in
- void track_move_up ( int track_idx )
Moves a track up.
Removes a key by index in a given track.
Removes a key by position (seconds) in a given track.
Enables/disables the given track. Tracks are enabled by default.
Sets the given track as imported or not.
true, the track at
idx wraps the interpolation loop.
Sets the interpolation type of a given track.
Sets the time of an existing key.
Sets the transition curve (easing) for a specific key (see the built-in math function @GDScript.ease).
Sets the value of an existing key.
Sets the path of a track. Paths must be valid scene-tree paths to a node, and must be specified starting from the parent node of the node that will reproduce the animation. Tracks that control properties or bones must append their name after the path, separated by
Swaps the track
idx’s index position with the track
- int transform_track_insert_key ( int track_idx, float time, Vector3 location, Quat rotation, Vector3 scale )
Insert a transform key for a transform track.
Returns all the key indices of a value track, given a position and delta time.
Returns the update mode of a value track.
Sets the update mode (see UpdateMode) of a value track.